Romero Polo Group integrates Corporate Social Responsibility within the corporate strategy, developing its activity in accordance with its values and encouraging the personnel team to integrate themselves within their management, acting in accordance with the rules of conduct established by our ethical code and the corporate policy, and hoping that our stakeholders behave also in line with these principles
We consider respect for legality, human rights and ethical values, quality, environment, occupational safety and health measures as strategic factors in all our activities and business areas. Likewise, we include them in all process measurement systems and indicators with the objective of evaluating their impact.
These principles constitute the management philosophy that drives the company to improve its reputation in the construction, services and environmental sectors. To achieve this, the strategy is based on four pillars::
- COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS
- CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT
- Training to make all staff accountable for quality, environmental aspects and prevention of accidents and incidents.
- Active participation in the environmental recovery of the effects derived from activities carried out
- Encourage prevention to avoid accidents, incidents, unnecessary environmental impacts, quality deficiencies and unnecessary consumption of natural resources.
- Propelling process measurement systems and also quality, environmental, safety and occupational health indicators to allow improvement of results.
- Ensure control and the reduction of atmospheric emissions, waste generation and the consumption of natural resources in relation to the volume of the activities carried out.
- Provide solutions tailored to the needs of customers using the most environmentally respectful and safe for people technologies.
- Comply with the current legislation and regulations on quality, environment and occupational health and safety.
- Establish and maintain an Integrated Management System based on the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001 standards in order to measure the activities carried out and thus be able to adequately evaluate the improvements obtained.